Monday, October 30, 2006

Kidzz and all that jazz

For the longest time in my life I could not figure out kids....they would come to my house, cry, drop things and always, without fail, complain to their mommies about me at the end of the day... for no fault of mine I must add... (nobody told me that jumping on a child from behind the door was a no no... hah...it was good while it lasted)...so I would assiduosly avoid crossing paths with kids who came home..

Things got a little better after my first nephew was born... yes my 10 year old nephew who lives in Kerala...he was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen and still is as goodlooking....and he was also the most generous one... you just had to put your hand out and he would give you his toys..apparently he still does that (except with me)...and the cutest thing was when he would just start crying along with you if you were crying... he is still as sensitive... things ofcourse got better with christy....ofcourse Christy and me also got off on a rocky start...especially on a particular Sunday when I poked him out of bed wearing all black...the poor kid got so scared that he refused to come out from the blanket!!! haha....

The net effect of watching my nephews grow is that I find kids more interesting now... I find them extremely energetic, excited and always enthusiastic about even the simple things that we take for granted... like an escalator or an elevator which soon becomes their play ground.... sometimes forgetting my age I join along with them in their enthusiastic adventures.... ofcourse that has its downside also - especially when your sister thinks you are not responsible enough!!!

Well all I can hope is that as they grow up they continue to remain as energetic, enthusiastic and excited.... and ofcourse keep on saying "East or West, vavaaunty is the best!"

No comments: