Friday, May 02, 2008

Few People I would like to meet

I would/would have liked to meet the following people before I die (or they die):

a. Nelson Mandela - reason being obvious. When I went to South Africa I felt like seeking an appointment with him but with the likes of Chelsea Clinton vying for his attention I figured I would fall very very below in his priority

b. Sonia Gandhi - It would be interesting meet her personally and figure out how she is in real life. Does she really feel "Indian" or is this all a show?

c. Richard Branson - I would really love to meet him to understand how to be rich being so crazy... what I like about him is that he has no problems being himself in public also..

d. Bill Clinton - his charisma really draws you to him. I want to meet him and I am sure even the 5 lines that he speaks with me will make me learn so much in life

e. My Grandmother: From all perspective she was a very courageous, bold and independent woman. She died when I was one year old. A woman who dared to go for her medicine in the 1930s and was capable enough to take care of her family, husband and her career at the same time. If she were alive, am sure I would have been great friends with her.

f. Dalai Lama - just want to see if he really can induce peace in you... to understand whether he really practises what he preaches...

g. Margaret Thatcher - obviously cos in my eyes she is the only woman politician who came up on her own merit... and successfully led her county for close to 15 years... commendable in any event

h. Golda Meir - yet again for the simple fact that she reached pinnacle of political power in a male dominated society... and to lead a country in a war situation is even more commendable.

i. Hitler - to ask him - what were you thinking?

j. Jinnah - to find out how he lives with the guilt of partioning the country... also ask him whether it is ironic that his descendants are still in India.... whether he would done things differently if he saw what came of Pakistan today....

k. Audery Hepburn - to learn how to be graceful from her

l. Nehru - most likely I would ask him whether he would have taken me in his cabinet... in my view he is the best thing that happened to India after independence.. ofcourse he didnt get everything right.. but he set the foundation for our economic development by concentrating on the sound foundations such as education, food security and government support for growth of industries and most importantly secularism

m. Santana - I would just want to see him play his guitar and perhaps take a few classes from him as well.

n. Karan Johar - ofcourse to have coffee with him! And perhaps I will also get to meet SRK. They are easily the best entertainers in this country. I think Karan Johar always has an interesting thing to say about anything.

No comments: