Sunday, September 18, 2005

tickling ....

The last week was a usual week...12 hour work shifts punctuated by efforts to have a life outside it...needless to say my efforts in the latter direction failed consistently.....and a good sense of humour was the best way to get by ...

ofcourse my profession provides me with good fodder for humour .....noo this is not one of those classic lawyer jokes where all lawyers are made to jump into the sea with an anchor tied to their legs or screw on a light bulb.... this was about definition of the term "force majeure", which technically means "Acts of God" and includes natural calamities like flood, storm or in todays times George Bush. Force majeure was however defined as "an event caused by superior brute force"....Needless to say my colleague who reviewed the document had a lonnnnngggg night...........

Ofcourse my sister and her husband have a good sense of humour........Saturday was the last day of Ganesh utosav...and that is the day the whole of Mumbai goes to the sea....though I have never witnessed it I believe it is quite a traffic stopping event...with loads of people carrying ganeshas and immersing it in the sea......and as always I tried to get out that very day....my sister ofcourse put a spoke to my plans when she remarked casually that people might mistake me for Ganapati if I went out ......hmm..... am trying not to think of it as any kind of reference to my physical appearance, past or future....

Scared by such a possibility I sat at home with my sister and Christy doing what every family would do .....watching TV!!...ofcourse I had to wrest control of the remote from my nephew who insisted on watching a japanese converted into english cartoon....and introduced him to some nice hardcore Arnold SCHWARZENEGGER....It was my brother in law's turn this time as he kept calling the Governor of California "Shivashekaran"....first I thot he was referring to one of the many mallu magazines lying around the place and a Shivashekaran in that ....only to be introduced to his theory that the Governor of California is an exiled Tamilian and that Schwarzenegger was actually the german version of the name Shivashekaran.....am sure my friend Shyam would be happy to endorse that view....considering it is his ardent belief that there is a Tamilian hidden in every human being....

and I think my Boss also had a sense of humour when he msged me last night saying that I would have to take a call at 5 in the evening on Sunday....hahaha...did I hear it right? Sunday??? u mean the day even God relaxed after creating the world?? ....I hope I dont keep laughing through the call.....

anyways gotta to get ready for a biggggg Onam Sadhya at Devika's place......

No comments: