Sunday, September 03, 2006

Is Mumbai really the rudest city???

My first reaction to this news headline was - I want to meet the super stud that met all the 19 million mumbaities to pass such an opinion on all of us....

and then my reaction turned to asking - is it really true???

Speaking from personal experience I think this is the only city that has not been rude to me..YET....every other city that I have been to has had some issue or the other with me.... be it Delhi where it is unsafe to travel at night alone... or be it Chennai where it is unpleasant for a woman anytime anywhere...or be it my little town of kottayam where your sneeze becomes the topic of discussion with neighbours...

so it was in mumbai that I was able to blossom into an independent person...where I could just be myself and not have to care about the issues that normally accompany a person's life elsewhere...or to just put it simply- they just let you live....

On closer examination perhaps Christy might have added to the rudeness quotient of the city....I recently got a DVD with 4 animated movies in it with the hope that Christy and I could watch it together and enjoy some quality time.... Well.. that is still a dream....Christy insisted on playing one movie called "Cars" over and over again!!! As the name suggests it was about a talking, dancing red car ...and when asked whether I could borrow the DVD so that I could watch the remaining movies he totally refused!! Well all I can say is - HOW RUDE!!

1 comment:

AGK said...

DEEEEEE..... you are my first commentator after a failed attempt by Jubilee.....please keep it coming.....and yes...you and me are meant to live in Mumbai...