Thursday, December 10, 2009

A witchy tale

I have a thing for dancing toys... long back on my first work related trip to London, I went and bought a dancing cactus... Carlos (my nickname for the cactus) was my prized possession till 2003.... in 2003, Christy was introduced to Carlos... and then the memory is all too painful...

so on my recent trip to Eastern Europe, while roaming around the markets of Prague I chanced upon something that would replace my Carlos - a dancing witch!!! The witch was seated on a broom and when you clap, the witch would shake her legs, let out a raucous laugh and shine her red eyes... ofcourse I had to buy it....

so I came back to India with my new prized possession and hung it delicately on my lamp..... and soon at parties people would marvel at the witch ( I stil dont have a nick name)... and one of my friends even attempted to steal it away quietly from me..... all in all the witch was a big hit!!!

Except with Baby George.... Everytime Baby George comes to my house he is fascinated by the witch.... so slowly he inches closer towards the witch to explore the new addition in my house..... and then as soon as he is close, I clap my hands (the mean aunt that I am) and when the witch starts her raucouse laugh, Baby George flees to the other end of the room!!!!! hahahaha... what a cute sight.... he holds his mothers leg and watches from far..... sometimes ofcourse Christy picks him up and brings him close to the witch only to have a yelping Baby George escape from his clutches and bolt to the other end of the room.....

all in all amusing for me....... the witch just lost a leg due to Christy.... so I am thinking of naming her "Grondola - witch without a leg"

No comments: