Wednesday, November 09, 2011

I am blogging after some such a long time... so it feels like I am in such unfamiliar territory... actually it may also be that I was on holiday for so long that I feel like I am in a different place....

More on my holiday... some friends from out of India were visiting me and I took them on a tour of India... I rarely travel within India choosing always to travel to my hometown.... so it was a really pleasant surprise for me ... I noted that all the places that I had seen as a child were now well protected by the Government....there were stricter regulations about its maintenance... it was clean... and there were attempts to restore it.... and seeing the awe with which the foreigners were reacting to all the monuments made me see India in a new light... I was quite honestly floored by my own country... the grandeur, the pomp, wealth... all stupendous... and most importantly the heart is in the right place in India... we are very caring....

so while I thought I would write a whole travel blog about my trip I decided to narrow it down to interesting snippets from the places I visited....

I start with one of my favourite places - Amritsar...

No comments: