Wednesday, December 07, 2005

One more tea coming up...

Now ordinarily I am actually good hostess...but my speciality is to open up a tetra pack of Real Guava juice and serve it...and since most of my guests are the "new generation" I usually have appreciative glances....ofcourse that doesnot work in Kerala ..... unless you serve coffee or tea with special Anne's bakery marble cake people would consider it totally improper...so here I am mixing tea leaves to ensure that the guests who come to visit my mom dont leave the house feeling bad about not having been treated properly.....hmmm.....

Today mom was also feeling better...she was laughing more....and today I also got mom's side of the story...she actually feels happy that there are so many people visiting her....as all her children are away she feels very lonely...well I totally understand that....and I wish she would not feel so lonely ....but I also wish people would understand on their own and not talk too long to my mom....some are understanding...like today a lady asked my mother whether the doctor had told her not to talk too much etc..ofcourse she asked this after a marathon 2 hours session on the local gossip....but there are others who still call her on the phone and ask her for recipes!!!

winter is coming down to Kerala as well...and this morning it was really misty...I can only imagine how it must be down by the river....I say imagine cos that is all I can do at the moment...tomm I am going to try and sneak by and sit by the river on my own...my mom will anyways be too busy giving recipes on the phone.....

No comments: