Thursday, December 08, 2005

Awesome!!.... the word is spreading...

The latest entrants to join the bandwagon of "I am awesome" gang (comprising of me and Christy and a few people on the fence at the moment) are my parents ....at first my dad was sceptical about the meaning of the word....and since he is such an english enthusiast he actually checked up 2 dictionaries to understand the actual meaning of the word...it apparently means "frightening" and also "excellent"....well no need to clarify which meaning I intended to use....it would be a rather funny sight if I go around (and also make Christy go around) proclaiming that I am frightening....well after all the investigation my parents have finally decided to join the awesome gang....so now in between all her exercise my mom keeps saying " I am awesome"... our gang is slowly swelling up.....Christy and me are going to celebrate ...all are invited....

the other awesome thing today was that I actually got to go to the river side...ofcourse under the responsible chaperone of my aunt.....and the scenery was made for a postcard...the setting sun was in its full glory ...its orange hues reflecting on the river....surrounded by green paddy fields with white birds pecking at the grazing cows....my aunt and I sat down quietly appreciating the view to undertake what I called the "yoga of the mind"....ofcourse our reverie was shortlived as someone promptly came and asked us who we were and where we are from.... I quitely gave up all hopes of continuing with my yoga uninterrupted .....

Well cant blame them also ....the only activity this town affords is a walk to the river side.....to chat up with strangers and hear about the world outside.....other than this the other activity is shopping........so you have the choice of picking up "egg puffs" (yummmy) from Annes Bakery, Best Bakery, New Best Bakery, New Better Best Bakery and so on and so forth....we are obviously not well known for our ingenuity in shop names....and then there are the gold shops!!!... my mom I think is a major patron of gold in this town...and her major disappointment is that her second daughter is not that keen on going shopping for gold....well I keep telling her that if they served me better drinks in these shops I would happily accompany her....by better drinks I mean a pinacolada or a caffe frappe....hahah...

Tomm I hope to wake up early and go to the church......

No comments: