Saturday, April 07, 2007

Chalk and Cheese

Its not very unusual for one to feel that they are different from another person... come to think of it except for a few friends, I doubt whether I am that similar to any person.... sometimes I take it as a total compliment ... "Yay, I am unique" type of feelings... and at other times I feel downright despondent seeing how different I am from some people and how even if I try I will never become like that person... obviously this means that I admire that person in some subtle way but am not willing to admit it openly....

Most often these differences come up in the most mundane of things..... for instance, packing suitcases.... now a friend of mine would pack only after preparing a proper checklist of items needed for the trip... shampoo, tickets, torch, toothpaste, mosquito repellent etc etc....and then ofcourse the packing is a work of art....the clothes are arranged neatly (cos obviously they have been ironed a week in advance) into the suitcase, properly matched and perhaps even colourcoded.... so when one opens the suitcase, all the onlookers would see a completely organised suitcase..in short akin to a neatly arranged aisle of a super market.. and as compared to the supermarket finish, if I were to open by suitcase in front of people, the first thought that would come to their unsuspecting minds is "Garage Sale!"... the clothes are all there in the suitcase but not in any particular order... infact it is without any order .... and while i keep stating that there is order in the chaos, I doubt anybody would prefer the garage sale finish to the supermarket finish... Chalk and cheese?? ohhh I think so...


Well I dont know if I will ever be able to be that organised... my life is all about instant happiness.... everything has to happen fast.... so I usually dont ponder about the long term consequences of my actions and go with the attitude of I will tackle it when that happens....maybe it is time for me to change a little bit.... at least get a "Sabzi Mandi" finish to my packing if not yet a "Super Market" finish...

No comments: