Monday, April 16, 2007

Helooooooooo... Can you hear me???

Dont you just hate it when you are having a trullllyyyy important discussion with someone and where life altering decisions are being made over the phone and the phone line goes dead or blurry..... I have often found myself in a quandry like this.... where I am talking to someone about the most important thing in my life and suddenly I cant hear or the person on the other side cant hear what I am saying.... and most often we end up screaming "helooooo, can you hear???"" or "Helloo, I cant hear. Can you speak a little louder??"... etc etc etc and the saga goes on...

and my biggest fear is... what if you are actually commissioned to pass on a life saving communication to someone and right in the middle of the conversation the phone line becomes all blurry... "hello, yes the medicine that you have to give X is..." and the lines go down... or if you have one last call to make from a sinking ship to your loved one and before the words "I love you" comes out the line goes all blurry....

And worse if you are put on hold with the monotonous voice of the lady saying "You are in queue. Please wait"... Arrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh....

Now you know why modernisation has not solved any problems.

No comments: