Saturday, May 05, 2007

Its been two weeks since i blogged!!!!

Gosh I missed blogging... and the reason I have not been blogging is ofcourse work... I have been travelling quite a lot and have not had the energy to sit down and pen down my thoughts... but now I have officially commenced my holiday in "God's Own Country" or as I like to call it "Land where I dont talk to people"....

In a nutshell this is what happened to me during the 2 weeks and more that I was away from blogspace:

a) Got completely aghast at the Gujarata fake encounter case. How and why did it happen?? Can I take solace from the fact that it is in Gujarat and not in Maharastra? or is it just the case that it is not me today and tomorrow it could very well be me? Why, why, why?? The silver lining - A woman is now handling the investigation. Lets just hope we grow out of such nonsensical society.

b) Took baby george on his first flight ever. I used to be one of those passengers who would look at a crying baby on the flight and scowl at the women who brought them - how can you disturb us peaceful passengers?. Even my sister was like that. So ofcourse since life has a way of dispensing justice only to me, I was at the receiving end of the scowls this time. Baby George started crying the moment the cotton buds were put in his ears. He totally refused to be belted to the seat with me and insisted on being picked up. So that is what we did , while profusely apologising to the peaceful co-passengers. Ofcourse after the flight took off he slept like a log (much like his aunt) and woke up only when the flight thundered down at Cochin (again much like his aunt). The best part- After a good sleep, he smiled at all the other passengers. Also was surprised to find that many people thought Baby George was actually a girl!!!

c) Bought several books with me to finish reading in Kerala. Also decided to introduce Christy to the art of Jigsaw puzzles. He likes Winnie the Poo (much like his aunt) and so that was my choice as well. Also got him a crazy ball - I mean the ball is really crazy- it laughs when thrown down.

d) Resolved that I will go with mom this time to the gold shops dotting the streets of Kottayam. I shall behave myself, drink their extremly sweet orange juice, show some amount of interest in the patterns and also not say anything when my mom asks me whether I like what she has bought. I never do and it is not cool to be so blunt.

That in a nutshell is what I have been doing and thinking. For now I look forward to the unadulterated 9 days of time with my nephews and parents. And ofcourse sleep. zzzzzzzz.............

No comments: