Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Conversations with God

"Hello, God? This is Me. I just wanted to ask you a few questions I had about your country."

"Hello there. My Country? Do you mean Israel?"

"No. Its Kerala. Everybody calls it "God's Own Country""

"Really? Is this the one at the southern most tip of India. Right next to Sri Lanka?"

God preens the map closely to see the small place that is called his country. And lets out a wild laugh.

"What happened God? Why are you laughing?"

"Ha ha. I remember this one. They call it "God's Own Country" but elected the first communist (read atheist) government in the world. Haha- that is funny. Slight irony there dont you think?"

"Ah God, now you get what I am saying. I am totally confused about this place. For instance, how come this place has the highest literacy rate and yet doesnt have enough jobs for them. How come the social indices of Kerala is one of the highest in the world, yet this place also has the highest suicide rates? And how come women have a better sex ratio in this state and yet are never considered equal in society?

Dont you feel bad that they call it your country?"


"Oh Just a minute. I have another call waiting. Its from N. Ireland. Apparently they have found a solution to the old problem about people wanting to worship me differently. Many were killed in my name. Now THAT is really mis-using my name. Its a relief that I dont have to deal with such issues in Kerala"

" I guess that is correct God. But will you..."

Lady in monotonous voice: Thankyou for your call to God. He is busy right now and will be back with you shortly. If you wish to leave a message kindly press Star.


No comments: