Wednesday, August 19, 2009

So I am a little distressed by an event that should ordinarily have been a source of great joy.... the recent infighting in the BJP and with the latest expulsion of Jaswant Singh from the BJP has caused me concern... why you ask?

Cos I fear our democracy is going to the dogs... okkk we have a coalition government at the Centre so it is unlikely that one single party will have too much sway... but I always saw the emergence of an "alternate" option to the Congress as a great sign of our democracy... one of the tenents Nehru always based his parliamentary behaviour on was the respect he gave the opposition (ofcourse he didnt have much)..... but that is sign of a functional democracy... a vibrant, aggresive, opposition who is ready to cut the government to size if required.... I feel opposition parties do as much service to the nation as the serving government...

So to see my opposition splintering is really sad... I hope BJP gets their act together... something I never thot I would say.... I also hope they stop playing divisive politics....

No comments: