Wednesday, May 26, 2010

This is an ode to my co-desk mate - lets call him "Mostly Harmless"...

So Mostly Harmless and me have been co-desk mates for the past 2 years.... we have one long stretch of white table between us... and when we commenced our desk partnership we carefully divided the space into equal halves and did a fair assessment of what kind of items can be put on my side of the desk and his side of the desk....

So off it started off to a very happy co-existence... with pleasantries and smiles exchanged everyday..... until ofcourse Mostly Harmless decided to become a little more relaxed about our carefully devised division of the desk......well the honey moon had to end like any good marriage..... Soon enough I would find papers of Mostly Harmless on my desk.... and even sometimes on my chair.... and if that was not bad enough Mostly Harmless would spread his papers and other paraphernalia under my desk - "technically that was not divided"... so I would suddenly be sitting on top of the "Transfer of Property Act"... or my legs would be resting against Mulla, Contract Act ..... and my protests would be greeted with "Alice, chill..... loosen up"... and my mind would be screaming "yes I will loosen up your neck soon"....

All to no avail... now I sit next to Mostly Harmless having reconciled myself to my fate.... divided as we are by a tall wall of Income Tax bare Act, mixed with some old newspapers, draft documents, old ties and perhaps even some worms.... and when I queried Mostly Harmless about the possibility of vermin growing in the heap Mostly Harmless confidently responded " we have good pest control systems"...

gee thanks..... guess what I am not going to be missing when I am away.....

No comments: