Wednesday, June 22, 2011

So this is a story about a friend of mine... who promised to visit me in London.... and excitedly chartered out her holiday plans in front of the family.... the family responded..."arree you are going to London? WHy dont we also come with you?'.... friend explains and I am very happy to have her parents also visit me.... good good good....

cut to 3 weeks later... friend calls me to say that there is a change in plan...what change I asked?... my friend reluctantly explained....well... now we are not coming to London.... you see my entire family is now travelling with me... and by entire family I mean my uncles, aunts, nephews, 2nd cousins etc.... they all applied for UK visa but some of them got rejected... so now all of us are going to Europe instead....including our Maharaj (the cook).....

So that is how an entire Gujju family travelled around Europe in a volvo bus ... with periodic breaks to eat the Thepla and Kakhra....and lamenting the fact that there is no Jain food anywhere in Europe.....as they say the Gujjus are the "Japanese" tourists from India... you can spot them a mile away ....

my only question to my friend was ... can you send me some Thepla from Interlaken?

No comments: