Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Relationships change.... now I wonder why they dont mention that in all the text books that we mugged when we were students....relationships are hard work.... thats what they tell me....

but in all my life I dont think i have viewed relationships as being anything like hard work.... as in you are in the relationship persumably because you enjoy being with the person... or in very rare cases you are forced to be with that person.... either ways you accept it.... and see the best and move on.... so when people tell me that relationships are hard work I always get perplexed...

but perhaps its not so perplexing actually.... given the vassssttt experience i have in relationships I do notice one trend.... many friends get way laid on the way.... the friends you considered your closest actuallly turn out to be your acquaintance... some friends just suddenly change.... some friends you lose touch with .... and some friends inexplicably become your worst enemies... I have some experience with all of the above.... most significantly when I returned back to India from my secondment.... it was slow but very prominent change... most of my friends/acquaintances had moved on.... or just decided to cut off... at first I didnt notice it ....

I am not sure what went wrong... or how it turned so bad.... all i know is that I also didnt react much to the change.... and let it turn for the worse.... it was almost as if I was saying "if the nose goes on a sneeze, let it go".... and most did.... and I am not sure whether that was such a smart move on my part... should I have fought to save that relationship? Should I have understood what went wrong? should I have reached out??? Should I have done more??

I am not sure.... but perhaps that why I never think relationships are not hard work.... the moment it becomes hard I bail out .... and perhaps willingly do it....

is that what you are supposed to do??

No comments: