Saturday, January 14, 2012

After the dullness of 2011, 2012 does show some promise... well in my own case I got the opportunity to meet one of the people I admire a lot in India... Mr. Chidabaram.... it so happened that I was invited to a party where Mr. Chidambaram was also a guest... a guest - not the Home Minister - but a normal guest like you and me would be... and he was as normal as anyone else... no security guards, no black cats, no SPG etc... just a normal person having a drink on a lazy sunday...and chatting with his friends....

My mom was ofcourse so scared that I would go up to him and offer my undivided attention to the Congress party that she pleaded with me to not talk to him... she said politics is no place for a woman... they make women disappear... your life is so much better without that complication... why do you need to?? she said this and more... and I was like Mom, he is not going to offer me some plum post in the Congress party just because I shook hands with him at a party...

Well seems like Mom got her wish... I was not offered any plum post in the Congress party and Mr. Chidambaram was not interested in talking shop while at the party... he just wanted to be a normal person... well life never ceases to surprise I must say...

So is this how 2012 is going to behave?? make me meet my idols ?? I heard Oprah is coming to Mumbai... another of my icons.... fingers crossed..... ....

No comments: