Monday, February 13, 2012

Movie Adventure

Now every weekend I have to catch a movie... its a religion ..... so imagine my utter despair to have my leg in a cast... no movies for 3 weeks!!! nooo I could not suffer that... i decided that I would reclaim my life back - in crutches at least.... so off I went to the cinema...

As with everything in my life now I decided to plan in advance for my journey to the theatre... i started by spotting the trouble spots - ie. where the steps are... and tried to remember whether they did have escalators.... and slowly chartered a way to get to the theatre... I got dropped off at the mall... slowly inched towards the escalators.... good thing was that I was not given any security check... now the trouble was to get on to the escalator with the crutches....its moving so you run the risk of falling.... so you have to hand over the crutches to your friends.. and then hold the railings and jump on to the escalator... same thing while getting off.... once done you are on firm ground.. and then you make your way to the cinema hall.... now walking on crutches is a pretty tough exercise... the entire weight is taken by one leg... and it really aches when you walk around too much... so I rested a lot in between... and finally made it inside... now that is where I found teh maximum trouble... I just could not climb up the stairs to get to my seat... there was no support that I could hold on to jump up... i had to rely on people ... which I refused to... cos I really didnt want to make a habit of it....at one point I crawled up the stairs - which was veery embarassing... and then I jumped up to A seat.. not my seat... and much to my dismay had to request for a seat exchange since I could not get up there...

now I know why I dont see many handicapped people for movies... it is far too much of trouble when you can watch it in the comfort of your home... the good news is that the swelling in my leg has come down considerably and my leg feels lighter....

tomm i have another challenge... I have to go for a personal visa interview... and I am told that there are 5 steps to climb.. ohh woe is me...I hope there is someone to help...

all my moments are counted by steps now....

1 comment:

Shikha said...

How about a snap of the crutches n cast. And yes, would be lovely to see the rest of you as well :)
ps. have you got famous people (read: like me if I were around) to sign your cast?!!