Saturday, February 25, 2012

Today hopefully my cast is coming off. As I wait for the doctor to arrive (he is already 20 mins late) a range of emotions are going through me.... One ofcourse is the excitement at the impending freedom... Ah to be free again... To walk, run, jump go anywhere as I please... The freedom from dependency.... Not to rely on others to open dooors, hold me, seat me, get up for me.... It will definitely be a relief to not be the centre ofd all attraction as soon as you enter... Well I never thot I would dislike all the attention... But now I cringe before going for meetings .... Everybody sort of gets up .. I feel embarassed and nobody sits down till I am seated...rest of the meeting goes fine... And then the trouble starts when you have to leave the meeting.. Awkardly you get up and then u try and get on the crutches ... And the door has to opemn up the door for u...

I will also miss the kindness of strangers ... Simple gestures like opening the door for me... making way... Ensuring that I am not inconvenienced ... All very touching... I did see a child point to me and ask why my leg is such... And I saw from the corner of my eye the mother explaining that when there is a fracture... I didn't hear the restm... Maybe I am also increasing the knowledge of the next gen as well in the process.... I will also miss the lack of security checks... Wht a relief to be shown past all checks.... Ek langdi kya karegi ... Well.. Let's not go down that path... But easy access definitely rocks...

So here's looking to more freedom... What do I want to do first? Well I want to feel my feet... And take some pics of mumbai

No comments: