Friday, August 24, 2012

The simple fact is that I have moved into my house with nothing more than the bare essentials... by that I mean bed, cupboard, kitchen stuff... I didnt have the mind space to design and set up my house even though I always dreamt of doing that all my life.... now I am confused.... everywhere I see the modern version of houses... you know with the chic sofas, machine cut shelves, beds that are "ohh so hotel" like... and I honestly get a bit turned off by that ... I mean it would be wonderful to stay in such a home for about 3 days... and after that you probably will get confused over when to check out.... in my mind a home is meant to be with flaws... yes the furniture will all not match,, the curtains will not be spectacular... and most importantly it will have all the scars from a well lived house..... I have no idea why I feel that way.... but my home back in Kerala is exactly that way... it is very flawed.. and I like perhaps feeling that everything in life is not washed with dettol.... I dont know whether I am making myself clear....

so when I see people converting their homes into some sort of assembly line production I find it unappealing... I want to have a home... where mistakes are bound to happen... and life will revolve around it ...

ok with all this rambling one would think that there is some prospect of me getting down to decorating my house... the fact is I am not even close to doing anything....

No comments: