Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Dreamer ...Dream On..

Wowo...a mid week blog..now that is a dream come true....anyways the whole day the topic of dreams has been floating in my head.....we all have dreams........some outrageous ones...some really stupid ones....some really "normal" healthy dreams........

well I am no different from the rest of the pack...I have had my own set of dreams and ofcourse they have changed over the years (thank God!!).....but just to clarify at the outset itself -I did not dream of being a lawyer....or maybe I did and my parents in their sweet gentle way sort of distracted me to other suitable professions such as a doctor or an engineer and ofcourse the most suitable of them all the elusive "IAS"....well looks like their dreams were dashed for sure...

The earliest memory I have of a dream is that of owning a horse or an elephant as a pet.....i dreamt of having a horse that I could feed, an elephant that I could ride and scare people....hahah....And I do remember asking my mom for them but the topic was never seriously discussed at the dinner table with my dad....instead I think I got a pet parrot who never really liked me very much from the start.......finally it was let off by my mom ....... and I dont recollect feeling sad at all.........

Needless to say my dreams have come a long way from that of possessing a horse or an elephant.....and my dreams do keep changing every now and then.....some of the things that have found way into my list of dreams (not in any order) are:
a) owning a restaurant
b) joining politics
c) writing a book
d) going on the Inca trail
e) learning to paint or any other art....

at the moment it is stuck on buying property in a tourist hot spot....Imagine you could have a property in a scenic tourist destination, develop the property, mint money and retire !!....... now isnt that a perfect dream? ....hmm....something to think about people (even the sceptical cautious ones).....

Isnt it nice to know that dreams are the one thing that nobody can take away from you...and the one thing that does not come with an age limit or any other limitation........no matter how brow beaten you are you can still dreammm.....and keep holding on to that dream.....

ofcourse for now I would be very happy to forget the dream that I had last night of a huge lion chasing me around ........it was HUGE people....for once I dont ask anyone to share my dream..........

No comments: