Sunday, January 15, 2006

Wake Me Up Before YOU run run run...

And as expected waking up on time was the one thing I missed out on the big day of the marathon....so I woke up at 8 and postponed getting out of bed every half hour....And finally at 9:30 almost as if a bomb had been dropped I jumped out of bed and screamed all the way to the venue...ohhh in between the screaming I also managed to pick up my sister and Christy.....Christy actually thot I was "running for the race" from Dadar itself....and in the cutest manner possible ran along with me on the platform....

Our big rush came to a screeching halt when we reached the venue.....all that was left of the marathon was a lone runner panting away to the finish....I tried to cheer him but stopped promptly when I realised that I was the only one doing so.......so clutching Christy on one hand and my sister on the other we ran to the finish line of the marathon...en route we saw a crowd that was still finishing the "dream run" and shamelessly joined them....so technically I did take part in the marathon....I even waved into the cameras!! Christy ofcourse kept waiting for the "race" to start...he was too innocent to fathom that this was an adult race where people cut in between and join the race.... .... Ofcourse after our participation in the marathon, my friend Priya, sister and Christy were unbelievably tired and went and rejuvenated ourselves at Cafe Coffee Day....

The Mumbai Marathon is hands down the most exciting event in Mumbai....the best of Mumbai come out in hordes and there is a general festive atmosphere...so last year (where I was a full fledged participant) I had an ostrich running alongside me...and the ostrich actually won for best costume!!! and this year I caught glimses of Kathakali faces....well we mallus are an inspiration to all I see......

in one word the mumbai marathon is just FUN!!! ...notwithstanding the excruciating pain you feel the next day in your legs.....just a little pain people for all the gain....

No comments: