Sunday, August 19, 2007

All in the Family

Family matters.... and guess how I know it ? Cos I realised that I am no different from my mom and dad when it comes to small small things....

For instance I went for a short weekend break to Kochi where I met up with my parents.... and I was excitedly carrying around my camera and clicking away.... and in what I thought would be a life changing revelation I told my mom that I think I will pursue photography seriously.... quite contrary to my expectation my mom replied " yeah even I had such lofty ambitions. You remember your childhood pictures? They were all taken by me. I gave it up because in India photography was too expensive"... Now that was a life changing revelation to me.... I am just like my mom in this respect.... my baby pictures are truly the best pictures I have seen of myself... I look like an adorable, cute little baby smiling and laughing always... and now I know it has to do with my moms photography skills rather than me being photogenic.....

and I am observing the same thing in the new generation.... Christy has a creative bent of mind.... while he may wreck many many things he has a pretty good sense of colours..... he once gave me a painted cup which was actually so beautiful that I wanted to keep it.... and he regularly draws cars, gardens, people etc... and recently he even won a painting contest.....

Ofcourse Baby George is yet to develop his skills... but one skill that he has inherited from the family is the love for food!... If Baby George could walk he would have been the first one to run towards the food counter.. unfortunately he has to rely on adults who dont go as fast as he wants and he is left with no option but to kick his legs in the air to show his extreme disappointment at not been fed..... and once the food is given to him, he doesnot even tolerate a one sec break of your hand going back from his mouth to the plate to gather food again.....

And here I was thinking I am so different from my family... I am not... I am just a more recent version of them....

No comments: