Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Spartan

I wish I was spartan.... you know the type who uses words sparingly to describe a feeling.... yet those words are packed with a punch that delivers the message right on the nose.......... now I am not exactly that creative to think about spartan, witty, pack-a-punch word..... But there are some words that I use to describe how or what I want to convey...

The first set of words that I use regularly are the words "Not Yet".... so when anyone asks me "are you getting married?" I reply Not Yet!.... "are you going on a world tour?" Not Yet Mate.... "are you going to buy that 15 crore pent house?" Once again Not Yet... I learned these words from a girl who was sitting next to me on my flight to New York from London.... for some strange reason she started talking to be at the fag end of the flight... and since I am mostly whoosy when the flight lands I was holding on to my seat when she asked me "Are you married?" ... and I answered "No".... and she replied saying "Not yet, you mean".... and I looked at her and said "Yeah. Not Yet." There is such a postive ring to the words "Not Yet"...something that tells you that maybe it has not happened yet but will soon happen or will happen sometime when you want it to.... I just love the feel of these words.....

The other powerful phrase I have used is "This too will pass".... a reminder that no matter what times you are going through, good or bad, it will pass..... it also keeps you grounded in that you are reminded not to get too proud of your good fortune because in a second all of that can be snatched away... and when it happens you can remember that "This too will pass"... what a wonderful phrase.... and to all the hard working money minded lawyers (that includes me) who plug away on their computer on Sunday these words are a good relaxant - "This too will pass"... ofcourse you know you are fooling yourself since the work load will never die but for the moment you can visualise the light at the end of the tunnel...

And yes you can judge me all you want for me relying on simple words to get through life.... but whatever it takes to take the load off....

No comments: