Sunday, September 16, 2007

Oh Calcutta!






I was in Calcutta over the weekend.... I have had a decade long romance with this city... and I have never been to that city till now..... and I finally managed to see some parts of the city....


I am fascinated by Bengal ... from the time I learned about our freedom struggle I have always wanted to go to Bengal and see where it all started... and then I met the Calcutta people in Law School and got even more fascinated by Cal... the city seemed to develop a loyalty amongst its inhabitants.... everybody always wanted to go back to Cal.... there has to be something about that city....
I find Bengal very interesting - their obsession with language (which is sometimes annoying), their literary achievements, their passion for food..... something that I totally gel with... and by coincidence or design most of the people in my life are bengalis or someone associated with Cal.....
I went for a whirlwind tour of the city - first to the 2nd hoogly bridge, then to the Howrah Bridge, Victoria Memorial and then St. Pauls Cathedral..... and my pictures prove that... and you know you have reached Bengal when you hear the rounded words ... I knew I had when the driver told me "Your lOggage is in the BHack"

No comments: