Tuesday, November 20, 2007

So I listen to Hindi music

So, I have flaws... surprise surprise! Yay! Yay! Yay! Bring out the champagne (and diet coke) .... there are too many to count as I have suddenly realised... I eat for no reason, I am ok with my kitchen being dirty for a while, I am ok with my cupboard being messy, I take pangas with taxi drivers, waiters and phone company officials and I generally dont have patience for many things....

Now before you get all preachy and moralistic on me (including teaching me a few things about running a house) I would like to remind each of you that my biggest source of strenth in the department of human flaws is Indian mythology. Mahabharta is full of stories of flawed people... each of the characters have a flaw or a weakness ...... for instance Yudishtar could not lie and hence that became his reason for being such a bad son/husband.... Karna was insecure about his parentage and hence became weak when faced with questions on that... and above all, the single most admired God Krishna's philosophy of the means justifying the end baffles me ... it is subject to so many interpretations..... everybody who doesnt have the justification for their actions would love to join the bandwagon of end justifying the means......

Reading about all these stories makes me believe that I am really not the only one in the world who is flawed... everybody is .... finally the only thing that matters is to "Be Happy"...... and yes I love listening to Hindi music.... so sue me...

No comments: