Friday, December 07, 2007

Soul Music

My friends tell me I am a dreamer..... I have recently started accepting this BIGGGGG revelation... infact I have now become aware of the fact that I dream everywhere..... while doing the security check at the airport (with the police woman saying "Madam, please stop dreaming and come inside") , while eating, while reading, while watching TV etc.....

Well now that this "flaw" has been discovered let me confess that most often when I am dreaming I am contemplating the meaning to life.... I think about issues, about how to solve a specific problem, how to react to a particular situation... its unintentional but in my view each second is then spent productively (ha!)...... not that my dreaming has solved any specific or major issue in the world .... but in my life itself sometimes I get epiphanies while I am dreaming that make my life a lot easier......

Ofcourse the reason for this post is not to exhibit my quirky side... it is to share with the readers One of my fav hindi lyrics which keep playing in my mind everytime I go into one of those dreaming session...It is a song from the movie Masoom- "Tujhe Naraz Nahi Zindagi, Hairan Hoon Main"..... and sometimes that is exactly what I feel.... life has so many twists and turns leaving you happy, sad, burned, rejected, dejected, elated etc etc at different points in time... and you wonder Who in the world is planning all these things for you in life ??? How did this situation ever arise? and everytime I face such situations I keep singing the above words... and in some silly way I find myself smiling.....

There are other lyrics that keep playing in my mind but I shall reserve that for a later post.... At the end of it all as justification for my dreaming I can only recite the lyrics of another famous song by John Lennon "You may say I am a dreamer, but I am not the only one".................

No comments: