Friday, April 18, 2008


The moment I saw this picture I thot of my sister and Baby George.... I dont know why but this is such an affectionate picture of a mother and a child (no matter which species)..... while I said this to my sister she just smirked as if I had gone mad (ofcourse no likes to be compared to a bear I suppose)....
Motherhood is supposed to be joyous ... yet my sister is one of the most harassed moms... Its never easy to bring up kids in any event but to run after kids like Christy and Baby George is an art by itself... so most often she is screaming at the top of her voice, trying hard to sleep in the midst of the cacophony of the kids or just plain trying to get through the day without killing someone.....
yet once when I asked her whether she likes being a mother our conversation went like this....
Sis: "No, I dont particulary think motherhood is the best thing to do'
Me: "Really? Everybody says so but.."
Sis: "Well show them to me... I will sock them"....
Me: "Then what keeps you going ?"
Sis, while looking at Christy: "The thing is that I really really really like this kid"
Motherhood is as simple as that I suppose.

No comments: