Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Who do I choose?

On one hand there is a woman who is aiming for the most powerful job in the country and then there is charismatic, handsome and "everything positive" man who is competing with her... I am torn between the two.....

As much it is cliche to say this - it is tough being a woman in this world... at first your gender just gives you back seat in many people's mind... you are suddenly characterised, ensured that you are introduced to the soft side of things, expectations are set... and every step of the way you are fighting gender bias, burden of societal pressure and above all juggling everything at the same time... I think being a woman infinitely requires more strength than being a man..... and hence to see a woman come this far, for me is pretty encouraging....

On the other hand there is a man who appears direct, modern, smart, charismatic, able and above all promises change... everytime i watch Obama I wish that we had someone as charismatic as him in India...

I will just sit on the fence for this folks

No comments: