Thursday, April 15, 2010

I was having a discussion with some of my friends about women and their position in society.... ofcourse a favourite topic with me.... talk generally veered to motherhood and career after that...

while I said every woman wants the world to see her as an independent woman, every woman also wants to have a home of her own with children etc... well maybe not every woman but lets just say majority.... and that most women dont want to compromise on either but most often women do... either it is societal pressure or just a compromise that a woman makes so that she does not disrupt her family life....

and I said in my experience almost all the women who had got married and were with children had put their career on a back seat.... to ensure that their children get the attention... and they hope that someday they will get back into the saddle ... if there is place then for them at that time in the job world ..... and most of these women are smart go getters and it is tough decision for them to give up a career and watch their peers preen on ahead....

the consensus was that women can kiss their careers good bye after mrriage and children.... but I ask why??????????????????????

No comments: