Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tough realisation that glass ceiling does exist in many forms in India... it might not actually be evident but it appears only when you hit your head against it... and it is very evident when you interact with people....

Most recently one of the transactions I was working on was dominated by women...but the transaction was lead by a man.... who refused to interact with anyone of the opposite gender.... so there was a funny situation where we are all sitting across the table and discussing... and I was explaining some issue to this man.... and funnily enough he refused to look at me when I was talking to him... and in response to my explanation he replied to my male colleague... enough to make anyone go mad.... I leaned across to my male colleague and asked "why does he not look at me when I am talking to him?" My colleague replied "Its not his fault. He is from the cow belt"....

In a country which is dominated by women rulers its surprising that you have people like this... meanwhile I am just nursing my head which just hit glass.....

No comments: