Friday, March 02, 2012

There is something so romantic about the 60s... the men were all so good looking... women were stunning.... world was a better looking place... even Bombay was good looking....

I get so nostalgic reading about the 60s and the early 70s... somewhere I feel idealism died with that generation... the people of that generation were willing to stick their necks out for their principles... it was way before materialism caught us by our necks and swished us around.... we live now in bigger opulent houses... and have more material things... and have lots to boast about ... but somewhere we have also been forceed to hide our humanity... for fear of appearing vulnerable in this hard competitive society... and you cover up your inadequacies with stories about our wealth... a young succesful professional told me once "I live in this M Place (for reasons of secrecy I will not mention the place)".... M place is obviously the more upmarket higher end living area.... I reacted saying "oh i thot you lived in the N Place"... the professional reacted "well, N and M are so close to each other there is no difference".... difference or no difference there was a difference in his head... I realised then that it is so important for this young professional to appear to be living it up.... and not be content actually living in a nice place....

The new money has corrupted all of us... all of us flaunt it... and wait for others to fawn over us.....

This was a post about 60s and I digressed..... but in short I love pictures of Nehru, Indira Gandhi, Kennedy etc from these times... the fact that they are good looking is helpful...

No comments: