Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It was a very warm London morning when I entered the Hamley's store with my parents on what was to be my one and only visit as a child to the store...my subsequent visits were all as adults and by then.. well I had outgrown toys.... but back to my first day at Hamleys... I was in the shop with a specific purpose... I wanted a remote control car!! and after testing many desirable aspirants I settled for a car that was fast and fit in with my budget... and thus began my tryst with raching remote control cars... I took it to every possible road in any country I was in.. and drove it around like a maniac... it was my bestest moment... I cherished every bit of the car and have never taken care of anything so much in my life..... Now 26 years later I decided to pass the car along to the next generation... Baby George had anyways been asking for remote control car... so i finally took out of the cupboard to hand it over to a very excited Baby George.... seeing the sleek black car - who wouldnt get excited??? Well... that was the end of my turbo charger car... first off the remote control antenna went missing... it prompted a search like never before by the entire family...and thereafter it was the wire on top of the car... by now my heart sank... when quizzed Baby George remarked "i took it off because it was not working"... kid... i have had this car for 26 years working fine... and now it is no more... so finally I took some pics (below) of my car in all its torn down glory.... and to Baby George I sing "kahan chala, kahan chala, meri car ki pungi bajaa kar"

No comments: