Monday, April 09, 2012







So it was the long weekend in Mumbai... it was the easter weekend ... and as good syrian christians we went to church on good friday .... after a long service we finally came to the best part of the day - the porridge and pulses lunch that the church serves as part of its good day service.. it symbolizes simplicity and hardsship that the Christ went through....to sum it up - it was delicious... it was after a gap of more than 15 years that I was having food at the church.. both Christy and Baby George ate to their hearts content... next stop was the IPL match between Mumbai Indians and pune warriors... frankly I am not a cricket fan.. .and if stars are not around I dont particularly care much... so since I didnt see Sachin around I got really bored ... and it is a different ball game when you are watching teh match in a crowded stadium vs. watching the match in the peace of your home... no jostling... no hooting ... no pushing.. it was a relief to get out of the stadium in final analysis....

next stop over the weekend was a trip to Alibaug... I have never been there myself... so it came as a pleasant surprise.... the most amazing part was that we hired a private speed boat to get us back.... and we were back in Mumbai in 15 mins!!!! wowow.... i could see visions of a developing town called Alibaug where Mumbaikars would build homes while working in South Mumbai... and reach office in 15 minutes on a fast track speed boat... ahhh a long time away...

Baby George transformed into a poser through the trip... he transformed from a camera shy boy to a camera trigger boy... he kept possing for me... climbing the stairs... with two hands... swinging from the stairs with one hand... sometimes calling out to me saying "vavaaunty, click here".... and I obliged... he also very sportingly put up the peace sign everytime and said cheesssseeee.... in the most cheesssyyyy way yes....

some pics from the tripp....

No comments: