Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A Mal-in- the Dives!

Finally I got to see the "sunny side of life"... yes over the weekend I went to Maldives for a holiday... it was all impromptu.... my friend of 1 4 years called and said she was planning a trip to Maldives and would I want to join in ??? YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..... and off I went

Maldives is all about the sea... obviously..... and all about things on th ebeach.... so if you dont know what to do on a beach or in the sea it is quite a pointless journey, right??............. nope!!! I was a total greehorn when it came to the ocean... I dont venture out too much and I just stay in the shore... but I totally enjoyed myself.... I found myself learning how to swim...its easier than I thought... and I also snorkelled!!! after much coaxing by my friend.... and in the evening we would just sit outside listening to the waves..... and ofcourse I slept as well.....

and few things I noticed about Maldives....

a) the sea is blue..i mean beautiful blue... you can see the pictures..... living in mumbai you tend to think a blue sea is a myth...

b) there are more mals in Maldives than I can digest.... there was a mal on every corner... and they tried to make friends with us... I totally agree with their sentiments.. they only see white skin...and finally to see some people of your country ... well its a relief in many ways...

c) I actually saw fish !! beautiful colours... some were striped, some were bright, some where multicoloured....awesome... I also chased some of them....

I loved this short holiday..... ofcourse I am black as a crow....and I am sure my mom will disown me when I meet her... but what the heck!!

A Mal in the Dives is better than one in Mumbai!!!

No comments: