Sunday, March 04, 2007

Sunday musings...

After about 3 weeks I went grocery shopping today... all in the hope of buying ingredients for chicken chettinad!!.... yes I dont cook anything simple..... so if you ask me to cook dal I would be totally lost.... so off I went to Pali Hill near my house to look for the perfect veggies.... and I had no idea that I was so sorely missed by the Sabziwalla at Pali hill...

The Sabziwalla greeted me "Arre madam, Kitne din bath app aye" (Madam you have come after a long time)... instinctively, I looked behind me to look at the woman he was referring to.... No one... I smiled coyly explaining how my work has been keeping me away from real life... "Arre Madam, Aap Pathle bhi Ho kaye hai. Kitna Kaam Karte hai" (Madam you have become thin also. Too much work)... In gratitude, I bought veggies I could not even name and which would probably end up in my dustbin a few weeks from now...

Ofcourse my mom was totally unimpressed with my shopping trip since according to her no decent meal could be prepared out of the veggies I had bought....

but Mom, didnt you hear?? They said I have become thin....

No comments: