Monday, October 22, 2007

A Sail, Life boat and philosphy

Today I decided to change the landscape of my desk a bit..... Now hanging from my really tiny desk is a picture of a sail boat with the caption "It is not fate that decides where life is going, its all about how you take life and where you take it".... this was donated generously by a friend who believed that I should have a picture of a sail boat on my desk to symbolise that I was going places.... The irony is that for a long time I have not gone to any place other than within my office.....



My desk also underwent a minor change when a junior of mine in the wee hours of the morning drew three elephants on my desk - a papa elephant, a mama elephant and a baby elephant.... it is really adorable if you ask me..... and the papa elephant looks a little drunk and has quite a tilt in his gait......



I am not too much into decorating my desk with paraphernalia from my life... no you wont find baby pictures, my family pictures or even my pictures on my desk.... at the same time i see people whose desks are sooooo well decorated .... pictures of their trip from turkey, a glass given by a "friend", inexplicable flowers that land on their desk etc etc..... sometimes in the middle of the night when there is no one around I go and stare at these pleasant things just to get my mind off the thing that I am supposed to be doing.....

Each time I wish I could be a little more like them ... to have a colourful, fun filled desk.... where things are so lively..... the last time I had something anything lively on my desk was a talking cactus who would shake when you clapped and sing "I am a Cactus, I am a Cactus".... it was really cute and I nicknamed him Carlos.... all went fine until Carlos met Christy.... Poor poor Carlos...he just didnt stand a chance with Christy...... I still weep for him..... I still have not found a replacement for Carlos... If I were ever to decorate a kids room, the room would have clouds..... and a lot of fairies, a lot of colour, a lot of cartoon figures (actually in my own room I would like to have a wall full of Calvin and Hobbes)..... and perhaps a small slide..... where the kids can play when they are all alone..... hehehehe....

No comments: