Saturday, June 19, 2010

7th day in the United States and what have I done so far?

Well I managed to trigger my fire alarm twice the past two days - once cos I slept off after putting something on the stove and second cos the fire alarm is crazy (it just went off by itself)...

I managed to visit the gym and swimming pool in my building.... very nice... I am yet to use the swimming pool but I am sure I will find an opportunity....

watched USA draw with Slovakia with a bunch of frenzied Americans... actually even I was frenzied cos I was supporting the USA.... felt totally sad about the bad call made by the referee... a mistake and what a loss to the United States...

Seen the whole country debate about the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.... damnnn I wonder what India would have done had this happened - actually I dont need to wonder, I saw what they did for Bhopal... but I saw half the country gunning for Obama and half the country defending him.... As some Americans told me - whatever Obama does now will be criticised... and I watched a TV debate where an obvious republican supporter asked sarcastically "but isnt Obama a messiah?" Cant believe this is so personal... and also saw the entire country go up in arms over the republican congressman saying that it is a "tragedy" that BP has been asked to pay 20 billion dollars.... some Amercians pointed out that he is probably funded by BP and was paid to speak that way... so turns out corruption is not limited to my country... it just appears more clean and legal here.... hmmm....

I am yet to see Obama, White House, Hillary or anything to do with the Government... I really hope to do that this weekend or the weekend after that..... all in all my conclusion is that Washington is a peaceful city - somewhat like Delhi (albeit without the dirt and grime)....

No comments: