Sunday, June 13, 2010

George in Georgetown

So this is week one (Day 2) of my stay in Washington... it all started off chaotic with me missing my car pick up, with no phone connection and just taking a cab to Washington... i managed to reach safely thanks to the nice taxi driver who gave me his phone to use.... and all was well when I reached my apartment which was super cool..... it had a nice feel to it and was fully furnished with internt and tv etc...

and then I did some exploring around the city and realised that I am actually living next to the best part of Washington DC - Georgetown! Georgetown is so quaint looking with so many cafes and small places to shop that it almost feels like I am in Europe.... and today I topped it with a jog in Georgetown along the Potomac river (which sounds very native American to me)....

I have so far not met people in my building - I believe there are people from all nationalities here.... I do hope to make friends in the building....

The biggest challenge is food... I tried cooking today with no sucess ... so I am still eating cornflakes and oats... with some cut fruits thrown in..... and ofcourse there was the dishwasher disaster where it got flooded cos I used the wrong deterrgent.... right now I have called a truce with the dishwater asking it not to spew more foam.... please pleasee.....

Tomorrow I start work.... I am getting butterflies... why is it that after so many years in the profession I still fell like a nervous wreck while taking up a new assignment.... whats the matter with me??

No comments: