Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ofcourse you cant avoid NY when you are in the States.... I was invited to attend an event in NY by the firm and I was more than happy to oblige... what a city... it just sweeps me with its buzz... in someways like Mumbai... everybody is on the go and keen to get somewhere... I love that about cities....

I was lucky to be put up a hotel in downtown... I grabbed lunch from one of the cafes there and went to Trinity Church and had a peaceful lunch... Trinity Chruch is more than 200 years old and that is where Columbia Univ started... I was quite happy to learn that.... and then trying to find my way to the office I lost my way in Wall Street - and I am so glad I did!! I saw the raging bull, the stock exchanges, the "turnstiles", the bankers and lawyers walking down in their professional finery... amazing sense of being....

The event itself was a women's oriented event - suprised to find the same issues dogging American law firms with respect to women lawyers - where do they go after a family? what about the loss of talent? What can be do to retain them? What do we do to get them back on the highway? Nobody had any answers... we all drank champagne to that!

And then went out for a night out with my friend - which was even more fabulous... got to try some mexican food which was yummy.... and then for a drink at the Ritz Carlton....

Total bliss... and then back to Washington ..... and back to dreaming of going to NY again...

No comments: