Wednesday, June 02, 2010

So I was in Kerala this weekend to garner some sympathy for my impending trip to the US. So I spoke to my parents (who were obviously weepy), my sister, my sister in law and my brother (who seemed quite nonchalant to the whole trip) and ofcourse to the "brats".... the initial reaction of Christy was "please could you get me a pen back from the US? and not one made in China like tha last one you got me"... ok sir... and then there was Baby George who didnt quite understand the nuances of what I was saying... so I tried to impress upon him that I will be away from him for 6 months (no reaction), I will not meet him for 6 months (still no reaction) and I will not be able to take him out for 6 months (still noooo reaction)... ok change in strategy.... I might as well get him on board with the US trip ... so I tried teaching him the name of the place I was going to visit.... so I taught Baby George "Vava aunty is going to Washing - ton, Washing - ton".... and Baby George after few fumbles got it right and would promplty say "Washington!...

that was until some relatives came over .... and as any self respecting grandparent would do my parents asked him to "perform" for the relatives by asking Baby George "So where is Vavaaunty going?"...... and prompt came the reply "Washing Machine!"...... I ducked under the nearest desk to avoid the gleeful glances of my relatives who apparently did believe that I was going to the Washing Machine.....

I am going to take this out on Baby George when he grows up!

No comments: