Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Go-aaaahhhhhh

Finally I did what I have always wanted to do...without waiting for time or tide I went and booked myself a holiday in Goa...3 nights and 3 days.......

It was the prime of monsoons...and Goa was green.....and unlike last time when I went with my friends where the concentration was only on finding an inexpensive place to stay near the beach I was able to appreciate the non-sea beauty of Goa this time round...very much like Kerala for those trying to get a picture in their minds..... but the best site that greeted me was the HUGGGGEEE ship that was marooned on Calangute beach....apparently it floated just too close to the shore in the storm...and now it looks like somebody had planted it there to enhance the view of the sea from Fort Aguada....

Fort Aguada was all that I imagined it to be ....beautiful, comfortable, fun and just peaceful....the perfect recipe for a great holiday....my room was a garden view room facing the sea.....quite a pretty picture .........I also lazed around by the pool....slept like a log whenever I wanted to.....went for a walk on the beach.....and even rented out a bike to go buy wine...ever since I sold off "Herbie" (my old bike in B'lore which was very generously named so by Toto for having a mind of its own) I have never ridden a bike ... so this was like a re-enactment of my Bangalore days......and it was awesome!! Anna if you are reading this we must ride a bike again someday.... Sitting in Goa I seriously contemplated taking a 10 day long backpacking holiday in Goa when my equally enthusiastic friend Devika suggested it....she has promised to take me to the nooks and corners, not yet touched by the non-goan civilisation, where I can contemplate and mull over the historical bearings of the State........and one more piece of information that Devika provided me was that Goa is the only state that has a civil code!!! did anyone know that??

Coming back to Mumbai was the hardest part.....after the most awesome holiday.....but here I am writing this story....going to IDFC for the last few days...and then onto my new job on the 12th....in the meantime my advise to all those reading this -TAKE A BREAK!!! NOW!!!

1 comment:

Shikha Bhattacharji said...

Good - going to do exactly that! next time take snaps ok da...:)