Sunday, August 28, 2005

Time Management...did I miss a class in law school?

Difficult to answer that question since I missed lots of classes in law school....ostensibly learning life ....

but one of the first lessons you learn on entering the service industry is that ur time is no longer urs....its effectively mortgaged to clients....ofcourse you are getting paid for that ...but for me that is a large part of the change that has come along with my new job....So time managment has become a new buzz word in my head.....and so far it has translated to the following:

a) gulp down the idli/dosa ( a can of coke will help you do that fastest)
b) run instead of stroll from the train station
c) read the newspaper in the train with others
d) most importantly trust the maid who comes to clean your house-so that you dont have to run after her also
e) recognise that you have no time for social niceties- so it is ok to not stay and talk to your nice neighbour

Ofcourse there are times when you wish you could just climb up 15 floors in 5 seconds (yes my office is on the 15th floor!!) and also that you could just jump down 15 floors (and also land safely I must add) instead of waiting for the lift to come up....

Oops time over for blogging.....part of my new "time managed" regime

No comments: