Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Mumbai Musings

Its tough living in Mumbai... everybody agrees.... when they get the time to think about the questions that is.... everybody is in a rush.... rush to get to office, rush to make it back home, rush for the movie, rush before the rains start, rush before the traffic gets bad... rush rush rush....

the Neeraj Grover murder case has been hitting the headlines....for good reason.... the macabre murder shocked everyone... more so because these were people just like you and me who committed the murder.... my parents also weighed in on the issue... according to my dad all 3 parties were wrong... all three??? huh?? what did the victim do?? I pondered loudly.... I should have expected my dad's reply... "why did he go and spend the night at her house? when they are not married?? if you do such things you will get killed" hmmm....I wonder whether that was a subtle message to me from my dad...

in other news my tata sky plus goes blank when the rain starts... nwo I would have thot that they would have enough research done to withstand mumbai monsoons... instead it goes completely blank even during the lightest rains... so I was completely pissed off.... and called customer service .... blah blah blah I complained... only to hear the person tell me... "madam there is nothing wrong with tata sky. What is wrong is your expectation from Tata Sky. Dont expect it to wrok during the rain"..... whattttt?????????????????

Mumbai is a tough place to live in... slowly your good humour also loses sheen... and probably sleep... and added to that there will be no TV during the sleepless nights.....

No comments: