Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Slaps of Mumbai

The last post seems ominous now... given that Mumbai has been rocked by 3 bomb blasts yet again.... and this time I was in a car at Dadar west when the bomb blasts happened ... I heard the blasts... thot they were unusual... and figured it might be somebody bursting crackers... and went my way.... and realised that something had happened only when I got the message that blasts had happened....

As I say... I am even more convinced that Mumbai lives on Ram Barose.... yet again citizens who were anxious to go home get caught in the middle of this all.....

Mumbai delivers slaps to people once in a while... be it the bomb blasts... train blasts... the floods.... every now and then Mumbai acts as a great leveller.....both rich and poor get affected... so you could be driving in your fancy audi and be stuck along side a yellow and black taxi ..... both of you trying to inch your way forward in the traffic jam......

Perhaps that is the reason people in Mumbai dont show off.... they know that everything can be taken away in a minute.... and that you are no different from the others...

No comments: