Sunday, December 17, 2006

My parents left this morning for Kerala... after one month and a week in mumbai... during which time I am sure they would have wondered about a hundred times why I like this city... I dont blame them also... this city is too chaotic, too crazy, too busy, too dirty, too awake for new comers... but this city has a soul.... a soul which is not defined by religion or region- despite the best efforts of some political organisations .... I love that..

I feel kinda of sad that my parents have left..... it was nice to have mom and dad in the house .... nice to have warm food waiting for me when I reached home... ofcourse they were alarmed at how late I travel in mumbai ..... and even more alarmed that I dont double lock my house (yes that I must do)....

it was especially nice to take them around mumbai... .and ofcourse taking them to the new eating joints... so in a nut shell they:

- hated Kobe's ("too much of food!"),
- loved McDonalds ("reminds us of the time we first ate McDonalds way back in 1987"),
- loved Gelato icecream ("dont think this will come to Kerala for a while, dont you think?"),
- loved Atria Mall ("no wonder people are so happy in Mumbai"),
- tased momos ("you mean it is just steamed chicken? "),
- disapproved of Italian food ("its good once in a while but is very boring"),
- wondered why it was so difficult to get normal coffee ("what is this coffee called "chino'?) (a shortform for cappuchino).....
- wondered whether "world space" would have a 24/7 radio station belting out religious christian songs ("you must listen to them")
- loved my new office ("it looks like a cheerful place")

It was also a time for their grandchildren to play with them... christy loves guests in the house and cried everyday when they used to leave my sister's house.... Baby tomato ofcourse was too buy sleeping and crying for milk.... and the highlight of their trip was when all of us, my sister, a highly energetic Christy, a bundled up Baby tomato, my parents and me went to our favourite place Atria Mall.... Just few hours of family bliss.... after which the alarm bell rang i.e. Baby Tomato woke up and demanded milk....

Well... I am trying to fill the silence in my house by listening to world space... no no it does not have a station for devotional christian songs... I checked before buying ... heheh

No comments: