Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Television friendly

When did the television become my best friend?? I have no idea... as kids we would watch TV whenever we were forced to stay inside... and my parents would let us also since that meant we were out of their hair for a while...

When I came back to India from the Gulf, since there was not much the Doordarshan had to offer, my TV viewing was ofcourse limited.. other than ofcourse Ramayan, Mahabharata and yes, Fauji... Law School.. well lets just say that I was extremely busy to watch tv..

The TV actually made a come back into my life only after I started working... that was also the time the Star TV network burst into India... soon there were shows, movies, songs at your finger tips... and to relax i would just switch on the tv.... and now switching on the tv is what I do first when I enter home.... and to be honest I find it relaxing... it takes me to parts of the world I cant travel to.. meet people I cant possibly meet in a life time.... live a life that I cant afford ..... to put it simply it helps me live my fantasies out a little...

why am I saying all this??

Cos most recently I was asked not to buy any more books cos i dont let up on watching tv.... and while I tried protesting, after considerable thot I knew the acccusation was absolutely right..... and it suddenly made me feel bad.....no no.. I am soooooo glad I was told this... but I started thinking about how much I have changed and how i need to change some comfortable yet unappealing habits of mine... I need to change fast people.... otherwise baby tomato would be more well read than me soon....

Well the other thing is....when I am not living inside the TV, I also blog ....

No comments: