Sunday, December 31, 2006

End of the year

How do I categorise 2006? Can I call it the year of cathartic change?? or the year of absolute abnormality? or a mixed year- with equal share of ups and downs?

Whatever it is this year has been an interesting year... I have had some of my worst moments in this year...but also had some of the best moments which will be enshrined in my memory as being extremely special.... my life changed in many ways- some changes I never expected would happen, some changes that I had hoped would happen and did, some changes that I didnt want but did happen....In my final opinion- this year is a mixed year...

This is the year I met Baby Tomato a.k.a. Baby George on a perfect Sunday... Baby George spoiled mine and my sister's well laid plans to watch Lage Raho Munnabhai by coming before the scheduled arrival time .... I was the first person to hold Baby George since his arrival in the world and I was also the first person who burped him after his first feed..... the advantage? Baby George smiles at me more than he does at other people.... Truly special .... the disadvantage? since I hold him more he also pukes out his milk on me ....so I end up going to office smelling like baby milk....

This was also the year of defining certain relationships in my life....of redifining certain friendships.... some went out and some probably are on their way out of my life... but ever grateful for their presence in my life till now... I also made new friends this year.... showing me that life is full of pleasant surprises.... and ofcourse some good people continued to give me support and love through the year.... Thankyou for that....

Professionally I changed course last year and the same continued this year at a new place after ELP.....it has been a challenging experience ...Due to ELP this was one of the most stressful years professionally.... a bad boss is never easy to adjust to much less come out unaffected.... I hope I never have to go through that experience ever again in my life... I also hope I never become that kind of a boss any day........

One never knows what to expect but one always hopes for the best.... so likewise I end this year's blog by saying "May you live in interesting times".....

No comments: