Friday, June 22, 2007

Am I fat or thin?

Now it is a tradition between Christy and me. Everytime I meet him after a week of dieting I ask Christy (with some trepidation, ofcourse) "Christy, am I fat or thin?"... Christy looks me up and down and always replies "Fat!!"... and without fail this routine ends up with me chasing Christy around the house and finally pinning him down and squeesing him till he gasps "You are thin, Vava aunty"... Ahh...Victory... the only time Christy was ever polite to me was when I was leaving Kerala when he told me "You are little thin" (whatever that means) mainly cos he was feeling sad that i was leaving... I hugged him tighter that day...

Christy being so whimsical, I decided to co-opt Baby George early on to my side... my game plan was to train him from 7 months itself to make sure that he always says "Thin!" when I ask him the question.... and so I pounced this question on an unsuspecting Baby George... he was precariously standing up (holding on to my hand) when I popped the question "Baby George, Am I fat or thin?".... expecting only a knowing nod or a smile from him which can be interpreted to mean only yes.... instead, as if on cue, Baby George reached out and grabbed my cheeks!! as if saying "look at these cheeks. Ofcourse you are fat!"...

But never one to go down without a fight I also zestily grabbed his cheeks and said "You are also fat!".... Baby George smiled....

No comments: