Sunday, June 03, 2007

Innocence of Children

well what do you know... Baby George didnt recognise me... I blasted into the house hoping to see Baby George smiling but instead all I got were curious stares from Baby George.... and I tried my best to make him remember me..... I picked him up, played with him, made him fly - but he still stared at me..... stared at me in a way that speaks "I know you from somewhere..."..... so I decided that the best way to revive his memory was to recreate a chaotic scene in kerala along with his brother... so christy and I (with baby george tucked safely in my arms) started yelling and jumping around.... and contrary to my expectations Baby George made an upside down smile and started crying!!!!...

The amazing part was that he hugged me even tighter while crying... he didnt let go of me even when his mother came to pacify him... he just kept holding on to me.... perhaps saying "why did you scare me vava aunty. I have just taken a flight and am jet lagged now".... finally I gave him my finger to bite and he calmed down.... and then he let out a small smile.....

Kids are so innocent.... they turn to the ones they are attached to even if they are the ones that scare them.... which reminded me of a story my sister related about Christy at the age of 3.... after having received a sound beating from my sister, Christy went back to my sister and complained about her to her!!!! So innocent...

As for me, I am healing my bitten finger by soaking it in hot water.... the scary thought is what if I have to give my finger to bite everytime I scare children ???? ..........



kids are so innocent... they turn to the ones they are attached to even if they are the ones that hurt them.... so innocent....

No comments: